Cleaning the engine of your car can seem like a tedious task, but having the right equipment, this task will be very useful to prolong the good functioning of your engine.
Regular cleaning reduces the risk of corrosion and clogging of your engine, but only if this cleaning is done properly.
It will be necessary to prepare the cleaning of your engine and to seek on line instructions and advice adapted to the make and the model of your car.
It is important to find out about the type of cleaning equipment suited to your type of engine. Also, be sure to follow the instructions in your vehicle's maintenance booklet.
- Make sure to park your car in a place where water and soap will not cause any damage and may leak. It is important to check that water and products used in cleaning your engine are collected and disposed of responsibly.
- An engine must wash cold! for security reasons: you will avoid burning yourself.
- Disconnect the positive and negative terminals of your battery .
- Cover the engine air inlet with a bag or any plastic wrapper. It is very important that water does not seep into the air inlet .
- Remove any dirt or debris from your engine using a stiff bristle brush or plastic brush.
- Apply a cleaning solution to your engine and scrub, while moistening the dirtiest areas and making sure you get rid of all the dirt and debris.
- If necessary, use the best engine degreaser to clean any stubborn oily area on the metal surfaces of your engine.
- Rinse your engine thoroughly using clean, cold water, making sure that all cleaning solution has been removed.
- Once your engine has been thoroughly rinsed, let it air dry or use a towel to dry it.
- Remove any packaging or plastic bag covering the electrical components and the air inlet.
- Reconnect the terminal cables to your battery.
- Get rid of water and used products responsibly.
Engine degreaser cleaner easily removes dirt, oil and other contaminants from the entire engine compartment.
Effectively cleans dirt, oil, fluid residues, carbon deposits and salt.
Allows easier and cleaner repairs.
Prevents unnecessary wear of belts.
Helps remove rusty nuts and bolts.
Restores "as new" engine arrival.
Frequency of use
It is recommended to use at least once a year, before the sale of a vehicle, before repairs and before inspection.
One bottle of 425 ml Motor Degreaser Cleaner.
Safe for belts.